Your child’s health is very precious, and so you must safeguard it as much as you can. Ear pains and discomfort that your child experiences should be taken seriously, not only because the discomfort sounds troubling but because it may be symptom to underlying causes like ear infection that need immediate, expert medical attention.
However, many parents may find it sometimes confusing on when to pick up the phone and call a Georgia ear doctor. So, here the most common scenarios where you already need to dial your physician’s number:
• If your child experience sudden hearing loss, severe pain in and around the ear and dizziness.
• If the above is accompanied by symptoms like very high fever and sever stiff neck.
• If you notice swelling or redness behind or around your child’s ear, most especially if the muscles on the side is not movable for the child.
• If home remedies for earache doesn’t ease away the pain after hours of taking them, especially if the pain increases even after taking ear medication.
• If your child is still a baby who pulls or rubs his or her ear with signs of distress like crying and screaming.
• Severe fever and pain accompanied by earache in the ear tube or drainage from his or her hair.
The above scenarios may indicate more ear problems than just the pain, especially when it is accompanied by symptoms of infection life fever and dizziness.
Choosing the Right Georgia Ear Doctor
To relieve your child from pain and discomfort and to make sure that proper attention is given to possible underlying causes of earache, choose only reliable physicians and doctors in Georgia. While a general physician may do well with the job, you may want an expert Georgia ear doctor who specializes and has substantial experience and expertise dealing with ear problems.
ENT of Georgia South is one of the most respected and trusted names in ENT care. We have the most qualified Georgia ear doctors that will take good care of your child. Schedule your appointment today or visit us in one of our four locations across Georgia.