Dr. Howard K. Herman received his Bachelors degree from Boston University and his Medical Degree from Boston University School of Medicine. Postgraduate training included an internship in General Surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City and residency in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary.
Dr. Herman is a pioneer in the minimally invasive management of snoring, sleep apnea, and chronic sinusitis. He has published book chapters, surgical manuals, and research articles in his field and regularly teaches surgical courses for Medtronic and Johnson & Johnson. He is double board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and in Sleep Medicine. He has been practicing with ENT of Georgia since 1993.
Dr. Herman specializes in the minimally invasive office based management of sleep apnea, snoring, and chronic sinusitis. Areas of special interest include:
- Office based Balloon SInuplasty procedures for relief of chronic sinusitis
- Office based Base of tongue reductions with radiofrequency for management of sleep apnea
- Pillar implants and other office procedures for snoring management
- Allergy testing and treatment including allergy shots and home administered allergy drops.
- Evaluation and management of hearing loss.
Dr. Herman is accepting new patients and sees patients in our Stockbridge and Buckhead locations.