A sinus infection is very common among many people, but its popularity doesn’t make it any less uncomfortable. Sinus infection is a huge concern for people who experience it, causing some difficulty in doing usual chores, especially those that require concentration. In severe cases, it may totally cause a person to be totally incapable of doing any work at all.
A sinus infection, commonly called as sinusitis, is characterized by the inflammation of the sinuses and nasal passages causing headache or pressure in the eyes, nose, cheek area, or on one side of the head. Other effects include cough, sore throat, bad breath, fever, and nasal congestions. A sinus infection can be categorized as acute (sudden onset) or chronic (long term, which is the most common type of sinusitis).
How to Avoid or Manage Sinusitis
There are different things you can do to avoid or manage sinusitis, including:
• Using oral decongestant or nasal spray for no more than three days.
• Blowing your nose gently.
• Drinking plenty of water or fluids
• If possible, avoid air travel. If not, use decongestant before flying.
• Identify and manage your allergy symptoms.
Sinus Treatment from ENT of Georgia South
ENT of Georgia South has the most competent doctors that can help you deal with sinusitis and help prevent it from recurring time and again. It offers the best solutions to sinus infections. Although sinusitis is generally difficult to detect, we can easily diagnose the condition and offer you different choices of treatments to find the best one for you.
Our treatments include:
• Allergy testing- this is to identify the kinds of allergens that may trigger a sinusitis attack and give you medications against it, if there are any.
• Prescription antibiotics- this is the most common type of medication for people suffering from sinusitis. Sinus infection is a kind of bacterial infection so antibiotic is needed to treat it.
• Sinus Surgery- This is recommended for sinus infections that has lasted more than three months.
Millions of people are suffering due to sinusitis. However, if you are among these people, you don’t need to suffer anymore. Come to ENT of Georgia South and get the best treatment for you.